The Texas Land Rush
The Texas Land Rush – Why Californians are Flocking to The Lone Star State
There’s no denying that Texas is a hot market right now. People are flocking to the Lone Star State in droves, and it’s not hard to see why. One of the most significant segments of transplants is Californians moving to Texas.
Texas is one of the fastest-growing states in the country. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Texas’ population grew by almost 400,000 people between July 2016 and July 2017 – that’s more than any other state in the nation.
There are several reasons why Texas is such an attractive destination for Californians. For one, the cost of living is much lower in Texas. In California, the median home price is over $600,000. In Texas, it’s just under $200,000. That’s a big difference!
Another reason people are drawn to Texas is the lack of state income tax. In California, the top marginal rate is 13.3%. That’s a pretty hefty chunk of change! Texas has no state income tax, which is a big draw for people who are looking to keep more of their hard-earned money.
The job market is also booming in Texas. The state has added over 2.5 million jobs in the last ten years. That’s a lot of opportunities! Texas is also much more business-friendly than California, making it a great place to start or grow a business.
Texas offers a lot of what California does – great weather, diverse landscapes, and plenty of opportunities – but without the high cost of living and strict regulations that have become synonymous with the Golden State.
Finding Your Texas Land Property
There are plenty of options for Texas land, acreage, and properties. Whether you’re looking for a rural retreat, sprawling acreage, or a working ranch property, Texas has something to offer everyone.
So, how does a Californian find a piece of Texas land in this Texas land rush? Below, we’ve outlined a few tips to get you started on your Texas land search.
- Check out Texas land for sale online. Several great websites list Texas land for sale, such as ours. View available Texas land properties here.
- Drive around and look for “For Sale” signs. This is a different way to find Texas land that’s not listed online. It may be a long shot, but you get to see more of our beautiful state in the worst-case scenario.
- Contact a Texas real estate agent who specializes in rural properties. They will have up-to-date knowledge of what’s available and can help you find the perfect piece of Texas land.
Before speaking with a Texas land real estate agent, it’s helpful to know the type of land property you are looking for – and in what area. Remember, Texas is a massive state.
Here are a few distinct types of Texas land properties:
- Texas Ranches: Texas is known for its sprawling ranches and cattle. If you’re looking for a working ranch or just a piece of Texas land to get away from it all, there are plenty of options.
- Texas Acreage: Texas has lots of large tracts of undeveloped land. This type of property is perfect if you’re looking to build your dream home or start a farm.
- Texas Hunting Land: Texas is a mecca for hunters! There are tons of excellent hunting properties available, whether you’re looking for deer, hogs, or quail.
- Texas Hill Country: The Texas Hill Country is a beautiful area of the state that’s characterized by rolling hills.
- Working farms: Texas is home to some of the most productive agricultural land in the country. Texas has plenty to offer if you’re looking for a working farm.
When you’ve decided on the type of Texas land property you’re looking for, it’s time to start your search! Texas is a great place to call home, and there are plenty of Texas land properties available to fit any need.
We hope these tips have helped you in your Texas land search. If you have any questions or want assistance joining the Texas land rush or talking to a Texas land real estate agent, please contact us. We specialize in Texas rural real estate and would be happy to help you find the perfect piece of Texas land.